Proposal regarding CDI-705

asabotdu
Hi all,

It seems that we introduced a mistake in CDI 2.0 regarding its alignment with JTA. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-705

Transactional observer bound to BEFORE_COMPLETION shouldn’t be triggered if the transaction is rolled back or marked for roll back.

I suggest that we skip the matching test in the TCK [1] and allow impl to skip this rule and align on JTA.

JTA should be corrected in a coming MR.

Thanks for your feedback

Antoine

[1] https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi-tck/blob/master/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/cdi/tck/tests/event/observer/transactional/roolback/TransactionalObserverRollbackTest.java

Re: Proposal regarding CDI-705

Martin Kouba

Dne 7.6.2017 v 14:21 Antoine Sabot-Durand napsal(a):

> Hi all,
>
> It seems that we introduced a mistake in CDI 2.0 regarding its alignment
> with JTA. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-705
>
> Transactional observer bound to BEFORE_COMPLETION shouldn’t be triggered
> if the transaction is rolled back or marked for roll back.
>
> I suggest that we skip the matching test in the TCK [1] and allow impl
> to skip this rule and align on JTA.

+1

> JTA should be corrected in a coming MR.

I suppose you mean "CDI should be corrected..." ;-)

> Thanks for your feedback
>

> Antoine
>

> [1] https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi-tck/blob/master/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/cdi/tck/tests/event/observer/transactional/roolback/TransactionalObserverRollbackTest.java

Martin Kouba
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic

On 8 juin 2017 à 09:23 +0200, Martin Kouba <[hidden email]>, wrote:

Dne 7.6.2017 v 14:21 Antoine Sabot-Durand napsal(a):
Hi all,

It seems that we introduced a mistake in CDI 2.0 regarding its alignment
with JTA. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-705

Transactional observer bound to BEFORE_COMPLETION shouldn’t be triggered
if the transaction is rolled back or marked for roll back.

I suggest that we skip the matching test in the TCK [1] and allow impl
to skip this rule and align on JTA.

+1

JTA should be corrected in a coming MR.

I suppose you mean "CDI should be corrected..." ;-)

Yes, Of course, CDI should be corrected ;)